Once we have setup your Porta Bridge Node on your server, please do the following :-
Tariff and Product Setup
- Please add a new tariff and setup the service type to 'Conferencing'
- Please add a new product for the conferencing service
- The product has to be managed by Reseller if you plan to use an account placed under a sub-customer of Reseller.
- In the product’s settings, please add two new accessibility entries using the tariff created earlier.
- One entry should be used for the ‘Conferencing’ type of service, and the second for the ‘Voice Calls’ type.
- Both tariffs should contain a rate for the destination prefix provided by support
- Create a credit type customer for the conferencing services.
- Under the customer you created earlier, go to Accounts screen and then go to the ‘Service Features’ TAB. Select the ‘Conferencing’ Service Type and check the ‘Conferencing Enabled’ box.
- Go to the ‘Forward’ TAB under the Account Info and add a SIP URI provided by Support. This will be unique for your server.
Account Self Care Management For Conferencing
- Log in to Account Self-care interface provided by support.
- Click on the 'Conferences' pop-up in the menu at the top of the page.
- Click on "Add" to create a new conference.
- Select the conferencing settings under the “General Info” tab, after reviewing the definitions list.
- Select the conferencing settings under the “Advanced Settings” tab, after reviewing the definitions list to your specification.
Music on Hold Feature
- The ‘Music on Hold’ feature appears only when you open the settings of already created rooms.
- The behavior of the music track playing within your conference can be configured to your liking.
- To upload a new file, click the ‘Music On Hold’ list and select ‘Upload new music’.
- Then click on ‘Browse’ and select a file you wish to upload.
- Once all configuration tasks described above are completed, you can call the access number, and start using the service.
Using the the Conferencing Service
- To start using the conference room configured above, dial an access number.
- After voice prompt, enter the PIN, and the system will recognize which room you want to enter.
- If the PIN was correct and you have been authorized to reach the room, you will hear MOH and then will be connected to the conference.
Recording the Conversation (available to moderators only)
- Conference call recording can be started by pressing “**” on the Moderator touch-tone keypad during the conference call.
- The recording will stop automatically when the conference call is finished.
Downloading the Recording
- To download a recording, open Account self-care and click the ‘Conferences’ tab
- Click the Recordings icon next to the room that you need to start downloading.
- Digital recording is available for download in MP3 format for 14 days following the conference.
Key Codes or Hot Keys
The following commands are available to control conference calls from the
To mute your line, so that others in the conference cannot hear you, enter ‘*1’.
To unmute your line, enter ‘*1’ again.
‘*2’: Lock/Unlock conference
This feature allows the Moderator to lock the conference so that no additional
participants can join the conference. To lock the conference, the Moderator
should enter ‘*2’. To unlock the conference, the Moderator should enter ‘*2’
This code also can be used by participants to request unmuting. After a
participant presses ‘*2’, the Moderator can see this request on the webinterface.
‘*3’: Disconnect last participant that joined the conference.
‘*4’: Increase the listening volume of the headset.
‘*5’: Extend the conference by 15 minutes.
‘*6’: Decrease the listening volume of the headset.
‘*7’: Decrease the talking volume from the headset.
‘*8’: Access the Exit menu.
‘*9’: Increase the talking volume from the headset.
‘**’: This feature allows Moderator to start recording the conference. Recording
will stop automatically when the conference call is ended.
Article is closed for comments.